A Good Man Is Hard To Find
By Flannery O'Connor

1. Write a 2-3-paragraph response to the story you read. Please focus more on how you felt about the story than writing a summary.

1. Write a 2-3-paragraph response to the story you read. Please focus more on how you felt about the story than writing a summary.
This is a messed up story, but it was good. I like this story it had a lot of funny part in it. I never hard of the term "pickaninny" and its was messed up how the grandma called that black kid that. I think the kids, John Wesley and June Star was some bad little kid. Before I read this story I thought it was going to be a love story because of the title "A Good Man Is Hard to Find". The story wasn’t anything like I thought it would be. The story had badly little kids, a quite mother who didn’t speak much, a plan dad, and the grandmother who was just selfish. The grandmother didn’t really think about anyone else in the story, just herself.
The grandmother was the cause of what happen to them all. I think that if the grandmother would have just gone on the ride and didn’t say anything they all would have stayed alive. The grandmother tick the kids into thinking what she wanted to think, and got them to go to a house. There wasn’t even a house that’s the messed up part about it. She should have calmly told him that they weren’t a house and maybe they all would be a live now. I thought that it wasn’t that sad when the grandma died, because she should have been trying to talk them out of killing all of them instead she just thought of her self. I feel sorry for the children but they were still bad children. I really thought this story was good I like story that have ending that you wouldn’t except.
The grandmother was the cause of what happen to them all. I think that if the grandmother would have just gone on the ride and didn’t say anything they all would have stayed alive. The grandmother tick the kids into thinking what she wanted to think, and got them to go to a house. There wasn’t even a house that’s the messed up part about it. She should have calmly told him that they weren’t a house and maybe they all would be a live now. I thought that it wasn’t that sad when the grandma died, because she should have been trying to talk them out of killing all of them instead she just thought of her self. I feel sorry for the children but they were still bad children. I really thought this story was good I like story that have ending that you wouldn’t except.
2. What was the subject of the story? What was the theme? Look at the examples above if you need to. What do you think about what the author was trying to reveal about the subject? Do you agree with the author? Answer these questions in a short paragraph.
The story subject was about a family going on a trip. One of the themes of the story was to live your life the way you want to you going to died in the end anyway. I think the author show a man who had this way of life, but I don’t feel that way I think people should live a good life and be happy living. They shouldn’t take away other people’s happiness
3. How does the author's words support the theme they are trying to convey. In other words, how can you tell what the author thought about the subject, and how can you tell what the author was hoping you would think when you finished the story. Make sure you provide some direct evidence from the story to support you r response.
You can tell just by the title " A Good Man Is Hard To Find," In the story there was a bad man name misfit. So that just tell you that good men are hard to find. Also in the story they was a man named Red Sam, and the grandma told him " Because you’re a good man!" she told him this because he let two people work for him but they didn’t show. I thought the author was good in supporting her theme.
4. Think of your favorite movie. Explain the subject of that movie, and then the theme. How does the person who created this movie deliver the theme? Describe the themes that let you know how the author feels about the subject and convinces viewers to feel the same.
Kiki's Delivery Service is my all time favorite it was directed by Hayao Miyazaki. In this movie Kiki is a witch trying to make it on her own. The theme is that if you never give up you can do anything. In the movie Kiki went though a lot she forget how it fly, that was a big part of her job. I the end she believe and got her ability to fly back.

1 comment:
This looks good. I am glad you enjoyed the story so much. You might also like "Good Country People".
Post a Comment