1.Write a 2-3 paragraph summary/response to what you have read. Please be sure to concentrate more on your feelings about the story rather than simply summarizing what happened.
My short story was about a man name Traci Edwards that was almost the twelfth victim of Jeffrey Dahmer. Jeffrey Dahmer is a cannibal who went down in history for his killings. My story was a little confusing at the beginning; it talks about a freelance reporter Denny Johnson who was trying to get an interview with Traci Edwards. Denny got his chance to interveiw Traci, but for a price. He offered Traci $1,000 if he would meet Denny for an interview. Traci meet Denny and he bought a friend along.The interview took place in a hotel room. Denny asked Traci to start off just by telling his story. Denny gives Traci $500 up front and would give him the rest after he was done telling his story. Traci smoke a cigarette and started his story.He first told how Jeffrey came up to him in the mall and asked him if he wanted to party? . Traci thought it was a good ideal at the time. Jeffery told him that they would get some girl and beer. Traci really wanted to go then after he heard their will be free beer. Traci never thought that Jeffrey might be gay. Traci said, "the kind of neighborhood Jeffrey lived in would never tolerated him. They jump guys like that over on his block." The weird thing about what his telling us is that Jeffery offer his victims money so he could take sexy picture of them, but Traci didn’t tell us nothing about this.Lately that day Traci and Jeffery want back to Jeffrey’s apartment. Traci said that Jeffery just need to change his clothes and then they leave. As they walk down the hall, Traci begun to smell a nasty smell as they got closer to Jeffrey’s apartment. Traci asked "Damn, what’s that stink? Jeffery just brushed it off. Traci told Jeffery "Lets just grab a beer and get out of there." Jeffery told Traci that it was the sewer. Traci thought that he was telling the truth. In Jeffery apartment were a lot of drawings of man but Jeffery just told Traci that they were for the health club.I thought this story was nasty but their were some really good parts in the story. I like the part when they were in Jeffrey’s apartment and Jeffery try to kill Traci. I like that Traci fought for his life and in the end he got away. I think the nasty part was when Traci saw the hand. I think Jeffery was just chillin’ in his bed one night and got the hand and was just eating it. That’s nasty.
2. Explain what you think the author's purpose was for writing this story.What do you think he or she wanted readers to come away from this story thinking? Your answer should be between 2 and 3 paragraphs, and the best responses will include some direct evidence from the story.
The author was trying to tell us about an article that was done on the almost twelfth victim of Jeffrey Dahmer. I think he want tell us about it because it is a very good story about how the victim got away. I think people should read this story because they should never just let anyone try to kill them, they should always fight for their life.I think the author also wanted use to know to never give up. If your caught in something like this, fight you’re hardest to get away. I also so think the author wanted people to know about what Jeffery did with the man, and what was it like for them. In the story a lot of red flags went up, and in real life if we feel like something isn’t right we should just go with that feeling.
3. Why do you think it is important to read about moments in other people's lives? Why are these stories so popular?Are their instances in your life that would be helpful to other people to read about?
I think it important because learning about other people’s lives can tell you a lot about your own life. If their life is a lot like you own you’re going to want to read about it. I think that knowing that people, not just you, go thought difficulty situation make you feel better about your life. I think a lot of people like to read story like these because they can relate to them and also compare them to they own lives.
1. Write a 2-3-paragraph response to the article you chose. What information stuck out to you the most?
The article was very good, I thought a lot of the stuff it was saying about gambling was true. I think that parents shouldn’t let their children play gambling games, because they’ll grow up and have big gambling problems. I think its ok to let you children play card games. I think that the article really got the point across about playing poker and you’re a child.I think that even gambling game, not just poker is wrong for children. They are many different games for children to play that will keep them out of trouble. I think that allowing your kid to play gambling games is maybe showing the you might have a problem yourself. I like in the article the part where the told you about warning signs of gambling. Being able to tell the signs will help stop the problem before it gets to late.
2. Two Quotes/Two Questions – Please pick out two quotes that for some reason you find to be important. Then go back through the article and come up with two questions that you have about what you read.
"What these parents may not know is that boys and girls who gambled before age 20 were three times as likely to become addicted to gambling as those who didn’t, and of teenage gamblers, 50% are likely to binge-drink, and 75% are likely to smoke marijuana."
How did you find this information?
"According to the National Council on Problem Gambling, about 80 percent of boys age 17 and younger have gambled at least once within the past year.
"Why are their more boys with this problem?
3. What is the main idea of the article you just read? That more teenagers then people think have a gambling problem.4. List at least three details the author of the article used to support the main idea you identified in #3
" people under 17 were twice as likely as adults to develop a gambling problem. "When you are finished, publish all your responses to your blog, and then leave a comment to this post telling me to check your work.
Monday, March 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice work here, Marissa.
d
Post a Comment